INCI name: Carbomer 940
Trade name: Yeser® CBM940
CAS No.: 9003-01-4
Source: 3rd-party commissioned manufacturing
Standard executed: Q/YS 940-2022
Packaging: in 20KG kraft paper box
Shape the Texture with Superiority Carbomer 940, an extraordinary polyacrylic acid polymer, is commended for its remarkable thickening properties, gelling features, and suspension abilities. This distinctive white powder is famous for its prompt thickening potential that brings about a silky and pleasing texture to an array of cosmetic and personal care items.
Exhibit its brilliant resistance against electrolytes and remarkably includes a variety of insoluble components into multiple formulations, Carbomer 940 encourages exceptional emulsification, critical for transparent gel items or when suspending insoluble substances such as mineral oil or titanium dioxide.
Carbomer 940 not only enhances the texture and overall feel of the product, but it also assures stability and augments the product's aesthetic features. With its effortless blend-in and exceptional gelling characteristics, Carbomer 940 is the perfect element for your next dynamic formulation.
Features & Benefits:
- Remarkably compatible with a broad selection of surfactants, encouraging a wide formulating range.
- Effortless to blend in and quick to achieve desired thickness, functioning as an effective and productive rheology modifier.
- Excels at suspending insoluble ingredients, like sunscreens, or mineral powders, ensuring that they stay in a stable suspension throughout the product's shelf life.
- Gives exceptional stabilization, thickening, and emulsification aid proficiencies.
- Enhances high transparency in gel formulations, escalating the visual appeal of personal care products.
- Has astounding pH sensitivity, making it a prime option for formulations where pH flexibility is crucial.
Stable at an extensive pH range(5.0~ 10.0) and suitable for use in acidic and alkaline environments.
Pack in tight-closed containers(drums or tanks); Store in a dry, ventilated and cool place; Kept away from direct sun and water.
Under proper storage conditions, the shelf life of Carbomer 940 is 12 months.
The recommended dosage of Carbomer 980 in personal care products and cosmetics is 0.5%-2.0%.
Also known as:
- Carbopol 940
| || |
Thickening agent, Suspending agent
| || |
White loose powder
| || |
Faint acetic odor
(25℃, 0.5% neutralized aqueous solution, mPa·s)
(25℃, 0.2% neutralized aqueous solution, mPa·s)
(0.5% neutralized aqueous solution, 420nm, %)
(0.2% neutralized aqueous solution, 420nm, %)
Residual benzene content, %
| || |
Free acrylic acid content, %
| || |
Loss on Drying, %
| || |
Frequently Asked Questions
We don’t produce Carbomer 940 by ourselves, yet we are not simply trading it.
We have signed a Third-party Toll-manufacturing Agreement with a leading manufacturer who contract manufactures it for us, as per our demand and requirements.
Absolutely, our experienced R&D team is well-versed in the application of Carbomer 940. We are more than happy to share our knowledge on formulations and production guidance with our customers.
Ask An Expert
Did we forget something? Do you have a specific issue that needs a solution? Consider it done!
Fill in below fields, our team will get back to you with in-depth answers in 24 hours.